To join &/or renew with our club go to the AUS Cycling website and join directly on the web. It is fast, secure and efficient and you will get your membership card in the shortest possible time. When you go through the steps on the web just select ‘Albury Wodonga Mountain Bikers’ as your club and you will automatically become a member of AWMTB as well as AUS Cycling. Select your membership level based on social riding or race licence riding. And select just MTB discipline or road and MTB.
For more information on AUS Cycling licences please visit the website: www.auscycling.org.au
For any other information please contact us at [email protected]
Some of the benefits of joining AUS Cycling include:
- A national autonomous body for mountain biking & cycling
- National series that is raced all over Australia
- Cost effective membership
- Rolling licenses (valid for 12 months from date of purchase)
- Flexibility in membership types (both recreational and competitive)
- Component of national membership is directed back to assist clubs in local development initiatives
- Trails maintenance funding for states and clubs through setting up and partially funding IMBA AU
- Works to keep trails open for all riders
- All members can race all events nationwide (club, state series, state championships, national series, national championships)
- Works to promote the sport to the general public through its contacts with the media
- Markets the sport to sponsors and television
You can take out as many day membership permits as you like but there are some pretty good reasons why a full 12 month membership is better:
- You get additional insurance coverage for the time you are ‘just’ riding your bike at the same level as the great coverage you get in competition.
- You only have to fill in forms once every 12 months instead of at every event, saving you time and the club volunteer’s time in administration.
- Your membership fee has helped to finance IMBA Australia who lobby Local and State Governments and land managers to open, build and maintain trails that are local to you.
- A full AUS Cycling licence can be used at events held by any other affiliated AUS Cycling club throughout Australia, including at state or national level. You can even accrue UCI points at selected national level events!